Friday, September 9, 2011

Autumn Update

It's been a rough summer this year. I ended up very sick for most of it, and since my immune system was so weak, I got sick again and have just begun recovering from that.

I did manage to get caught up on my garden some this past couple of weeks. Mainly just cleaning out weeds, and dead plants that didn't pull through my neglect. I did manage to get some things planted this week, cool season crops like lettuce, endive, cabbage, carrots & spinach. I have some brussel sprouts still going from spring that never made any sprouts. I did find they are finally starting to develop now. So happy to see now everything died without my vigolant care.

This weekend I'm making room for some garlic. I won't have as much as I did last year, but something is better then nothing.

Here are some pictures so you can see how everything has managed for the time being. I'm hoping to get some blog posts together about chickens, ducks and composting to have to share with you this fall... so don't stop following the blog! :)













1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon. Nothing is worse than being sick in the summer when there are lots of things to do outside (both work and play) and you aren't well enough to partake. Take care.

    ReplyDelete