Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mother Nature Is Such A Tease

So the curiously warmed weather, and blooming things continues. I looked through my blog last year, and noticed some late season cold snaps last year. We have some daffodils and tulips peeking through this time of year, but no blooms until mid-late March. This year, I've seen blooms starting nearly 2 weekends ago.

Now that I have been tricked into spring by Mother Nature herself (who is probably laughing at her plan to dump snow on us this month or something) I have started a new flower bed for my daughter who wants her own by her playhouse. My back is already killing me, and I'm only 1/2 done.

We also wanted to tease you with our fabulous weather (gotta love Zone 7b).

So enjoy the updated photos...

 My daughter's play house needs a little flower garden of its very own she can work in. She's already started a bunch of pink zinnia in the house to plant here.

 Nearly 50 tulip bulbs have popped up. They are all dark pink, I need to mix in some white ones under the river birch tree.


 Our new herb box outside the kitchen window. So will be easy to grab what I want without going outside each time.


Check it out, all our teeny tiny daffodils are blooming.

Don't forget, if you ever have any gardening questions, feel free to post or shoot me an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment