Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lotus Second Shoots


So now I have second shoots up and out of the water. I had to get a new grow light to really get them moving again, but that seemed to do it! In fact, most of my seedlings on the cart have done better! So are leaves in the near future?! It looks like I may actually be getting a leaf on one of the shoots that is newly emerged. However, if you look closely some of the original shoots have shriveled up and died.













Some other fun things to pop up and be doing so well are my Black Eyed Susan Vines (fun to have a wildflower on a vine, this of course is an annual hybrid) and some Black Prince Snap Dragons.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! I'm glad they started to pick up again. I will say, though, that I'm now thinking about starting a bunch of lotus seeds for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! They are quite fun, and I bet they will bring me cheer out in the pond in bloom.

    ReplyDelete