Monday, January 31, 2011

My kitchens been a rockin'!

Even when I just don't feel like cooking... I bake or cook something anyways! 

I've been in test kitchen mode lately though, and when that happens, I can't sleep! I toss and turn and dream up silly recipes that may never come to light... but I have to try to figure out how to make them work anyways. The other night I was coming up with a biscotti recipe that so easily could have been a contender in a certain baking challenge I'm working on WINNING! However, after a whole nights missed sleep, I find out a similar recipe exists and has been entered... pointless loss of sleep.

Then magically standing in the kitchen, staring at a slew of ingredients across my counter.... WHAM... it hits me. And in a matter of seconds I throw together something deviously interesting, I bake it, I taste it, and I know its a winner on my first go.

I taste tested so much, I went to bed with a belly ache and a smile.

However, I conquered the recipe... and I could finally sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment