Now you can get the recipe here and give it a try yourself.
This first one has been my favorite since I was a child:
Cream Wafer Cookies
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes per batch
- Servings: 3 dozen
- Preparation Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- WAFER Cookie Dough
- 1 cup Butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup Whipping cream
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Confectioner's sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Red or green food coloring (thats for the holiday, use whatever you want)
- Combine wafer ingredients and chill 1 hour.
Roll out on floured surface to 1/2" thickness.
Cut in small rounds.
Transfer to waxed paper covered with 1 cup sugar.
Thoroughly coat both sides and place on cookie sheet.
Prick with fork and bake at 350 deagrees for 7-10 minutes.
Cool. (Careful they are crumbly now)
Combine filling ingredients.
Spread filling on wafers and sandwich two wafers together.