Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Holiday Cookie List

From now until Christmas, I am sharing as many cookie recipes as I like to bake for the holidays. I don't bake them every year... but they are my specialties, or ones I get my mom to make for me.

Now you can get the recipe here and give it a try yourself.

This first one has been my favorite since I was a child:

Cream Wafer Cookies

  • Cooking Time: 10 minutes per batch
  • Servings: 3 dozen
  • Preparation Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
  • WAFER Cookie Dough
  • 1 cup Butter or margarine, softened
  • 1/2 cup Whipping cream
  • 2 cups Flour

  • FILLING
  • 1/4 cup Butter
  • 3/4 cup Confectioner's sugar
  • 1 Egg yolk
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla
  • Red or green food coloring (thats for the holiday, use whatever you want)
  •  
  • Combine wafer ingredients and chill 1 hour.

    Roll out on floured surface to 1/2" thickness.

    Cut in small rounds.

    Transfer to waxed paper covered with 1 cup sugar.

    Thoroughly coat both sides and place on cookie sheet.



    Prick with fork and bake at 350 deagrees for 7-10 minutes.

    Cool. (Careful they are crumbly now)

    Combine filling ingredients.

    Spread filling on wafers and sandwich two wafers together.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment