Monday, April 13, 2009

Siding Getting there

Saturday, VERY late the siding on the back of the house was finished... getting so close to done I can feel it!

It looks fabulous!


Other then that we're looking at 3 days of rain, so not much to look forward too.

Today I stopped at home depot and realized there were several plants I had to pick up started. I just COULDN'T get some plants going well from seed. I lost several tomatoes, I couldn't seem to start an eggplant seed to save my life... and I was lacking on some herbs I either couldn't find from seed or failed at. Not all this starting from seed stuff has worked out well.

So I picked up a Heirloom Pink Brandywine tomato plant, eggplant, Thyme, Oregano, Thai Basil and Sweet Basil today. I planted them in the rain to get them in... but they should do good!

I still have 100+ surviving plants I've gotten in the ground, so it wasn't a complete failure by any means!!!!

4 comments:

  1. The siding looks great! Some plants are just terrible to start even when started inside. I hate buying plants, they're so expensive, but sometimes you just have to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever had the Brandywine tomatoes before? They are my very favorite kind, so full of flavor and they get very large. Patti T/BakeSpace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited about the brandywine! I've heard so many good things about them from people on TheEasyGarden.com That as soon as I saw Home Depot had them, I didn't think twice about what I wanted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so envious! We've got a couple of months before we're able to replace the siding and I just can't wait!

    You're going to love the Brandywine. It's a wonderful tomato.

    ReplyDelete