Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Forbidden Fruit: Quilty Apple

Some of you may or may not have seen this in the June/ July edition of Mary Jane Farms Organic Magazine. Its a pattern for an apple using an old quilt or blankets. I ended up actually patchworking some fabric swatches together and making a faux quilt to make this little apple out of. I had to get some help with the pattern, but once I got it down I got it done!

I also included the pattern and instructions for anyone interested in trying it. Its very easy to sketch. (Long straight end is 6" long to give you an idea of proportion.)









 
 
 

To finish this one off I used a button at the bottom rather then just knotting it. I also used some fabric ribbon as a bow rather then a ribbon leaf. Which I may add a leaf anyways. Still thinking about it.

Ok though, seriously, I need to get back to the Queen Size quilt and stop putting it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment